Thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer Field Editor at Farm & Ranch Living! Field Editors are important community ambassadors for our brand.
This program is designed for devoted readers who want to get more involved with Farm & Ranch Living. Being a Field Editor means sharing stories and photos, swapping tips on everything from farming methods to tractor repair, telling us about notable farmers, ranchers and ag leaders, and participating in our private Facebook group. Whenever we have a question about the farm and ranch life, we’ll turn to you and your expertise for the answer.
Qualities of a Field Editor
Passion for the Farm & Ranch Living brand: Field Editors should be regular readers of Farm & Ranch Living and believe in our magazine and what it stands for—sharing personal stories with a community of readers who connect to the agriculture lifestyle.
Willingness to spread the word: Our Field Editors inspire us with the pictures and stories they share, and we rely on them to introduce Farm & Ranch Living to new readers with similar interests.
Open dialogue and communication: We count on Field Editors to let us know what we are doing right and what we can do to make a better magazine experience.
What does a field editor do?
Submit three different ideas each year. They could be:
- Short, true stories about ranching or farming life
- A great photo, which you can submit to our website or enter into one of our photo contests
- Tips or leads about an inspiring farmer, rancher or related organization; ideas for a feature story (such as a farming trend you’ve noticed or a group doing positive work in your community); contacts for growers who you think might like to write an ag diary
Provide a recent photo of yourself.
Participate in the Farm & Ranch Living Volunteer Field Editors Facebook group. Make new connections with other Field Editors who share your passion for the farm and ranch lifestyle!
Show your favorite features from our magazine to friends and family members.
As a thank-you for your time…
If you are selected to be a Volunteer Field Editor, you’ll:
- Receive free subscription to Farm & Ranch Living
- Have your Field Editor status noted on any of your stories or photos that we publish
- Join the ranks of a growing community of Farm & Ranch Living readers
- Garner our enthusiastic thanks—we love our Field Editors!
Sound good? Apply today!